Find the best carpenters quickly and easily
Carpenters are one of the most sought-after tradespeople in Australia. They are needed more than ever with government infrastructure projects on the rise and the boom in the building and construction sector.
Carpenters play a vital role in the construction industry. Their skills are required for such things as cutting, shaping and erecting frameworks for dams, bridges and roads as well as residential and commercial buildings.
There is a vast difference between a general labourer who knows how to use a saw and a trained and experienced carpenter.
Where do you go to find the best carpenters for your projects? How do you know if they are reliable and competent, let alone with specialised skills that could assist your project’s needs and budget?
Fast Labour Hire has a large database of carpenters available across the whole of Melbourne, from the CBD to the outer suburbs.
How Fast Labour Hire Selects the best carpenters?
What traits does Fast Labour Hire look for in a skilled carpenter?
The carpenters we have on our database and who we promote are able to:
- build structures for walls, floors, doorframes, staircases and roofs
- install windows, doors, interior trims and finishes
- install furniture such as cabinets, wardrobes, countertops and other customised woodwork
- repair and remould damaged woodwork
- construct concrete pouring moulds
- read blueprints and take instruction from verbal and written descriptions
- instruct other labour hire colleagues on the job.
And that’s just the technical know-how. There’s more.
They must have adequate maths skills, technical skills and knowledge, pay great attention to detail and have optimal physical strength.
Their listening and language skills need to be excellent in order to take in accurate information and to communicate with co-workers, engineers, project managers and clients.
They must also display a professional attitude: turning up on time, not swapping jobs, filling timesheets punctually, being able to get on with team members and taking instructions from project managers and others with higher roles.
What is the quickest and easiest way to find carpenters near me?
Forget searching over the internet, contacting the union or asking your contractor to find one. By far, the easiest and safest way is to hire carpenters through a labour hire agency.
Fast Labour Hire has a large database of carpenters who we have already interviewed, including all background checks and references.
We can therefore supply carpenters with a wide range of carpentry skills for you. As carpenters are able to get so much work, once they’re on our books, we look after them. by making sure they are assigned to jobs that will require their speciality skills. This means you will get just the right fit for your job.
All our carpenters are:
- fully certified qualified tradesmen with a valid VIC carpentry licence (or relevant to the state they are working in)
- fully equipped with tools such as tape measures, hand tools such as squares, levels, hammers and chisels and power tools such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns and welding machines
- can read and understand structural drawings and blueprints
- competent in hazard identification and control measures put in place associated with their role
- adhere to the site-specific PPE requirements, including hardhats, high visibility clothing and steel-toecapped boots.
We make sure that they have all the required training and tickets to complete the job in hand. We carry out routine site inspections to ensure our employees are working in a safe environment and adhering to the site rules.
Not only that we handle payroll, entitlements, workers compensation and other casual employee hire requirements that can eat into your time and that of your full-time staff.
If you are looking for skilled and trusted carpenters, contact us today at Fast Labour Hire.