HOIST OPERATORS MELBOURNE
Find the best HOIST OPERATORS
Fast Labour Hire has one of Melbourne’s most extensive databases of hoist operators who are ready and able to work on a wide variety of projects.
With the increased demand for hoist operators, especially in Australia’s vibrant construction industry, Fast Labour Hire can provide hoist operators in projects across Melbourne, from the CBD to the outer suburbs.
Even though our hoist operators come with at least a Cert. II or IV in construction crane or mobile crane operations, they are happy to do other labour hire jobs, such as keeping the areas free from any trip hazards.
WHAT FAST LABOUR HIRE LOOKS FOR IN HOIST OPERATORS
Hoist operators are trained and skilled in using heavy-lifting plant such as platforms, cages and cables to move materials and people around indoor areas such as factories, warehouses and mills and outdoors on construction sites, rail yards, mines, wharves, shipyards and in the logging industry. They operate both stationary and mobile cranes as well as lifts, hoists and winches.
Fast Labour Hire’s experienced hoist operators can work on chairlift and cherry pickers, tower cranes, elevated work platforms (EWP) winches and pile drivers.
Fast Labour Hire supplies hoist operators that will:
- test the operation of plant before use to ensure safety
- operate all controls and attachments
- work with other team members (riggers and chasers) to position hooks, control the movement of loads and signal to other need-to-know operators
- monitor plant operation, instruments and gauges to detect malfunctions and problems
- lubricate ropes and winches on cranes and replace worn cables.
Fast Labour Hire hoist operators also:
- follow directions and work well with others
- are able to monitor several gauges simultaneously
- have good analytical thinking skills
- pay attention to detail
- have excellent communication skills
- possess good time-management skills
- understand heavy equipment operation safety issues.
Fast Labour Hire hoist operators are able to work with a vast range of types of hoisting equipment.
Types of hoisting for residential sites
These include wheeled and stationary hoist, ceiling lifts and stretchers.
Types of hoisting equipment in construction
Besides the various types of cranes (for example, tower, derrick, overhead gantry), the types of hoisting equipment in construction include movable pulleys, chain hoists, electric winches and basic items such as ropes (general purpose, stainless steel, crane wire).
Other specialised hoist equipment
- Electric chain hoists: designed and manufactured for the toughest lifting and to operate in extreme conditions. Electric chain hoists are long-lasting and easy to service.
- Air-balanced hoist equipment: designed with floating function, air-balanced hoist equipment enables vertical movement that is essentially weightless. Air-balanced hoist equipment is perfect for any materials that have to be lifted and assembled to another part with their weight supported while this operation take place – ideal for assembly lines.
- Wire rope hoist equipment: with state-of-the-art power transmission and braking systems built for heavy-duty applications, wire rope hoists save space with their lifting motors and integrated drums. Wire rope hoist equipment is used optimally on such sites as construction sites, factories and warehouses
- Manual hoist equipment: not only economical but practical as it is easy to operate, portable and requires low maintenance. Manual hoist equipment ranges from hand chain hoists, used in the industrial and heavy construction industry, to lever chain hoists that can be used at all load angles with the required strength. Manual hoist equipment works particularly well in awkward corners or at heights where the positioning of a light load is required.
Are you searching for the best and most diverse hoist operators in Melbourne? Go no further! Call us at Fast Labour Hire today.