EWP HIRE MELBOURNE
Fast Labour Hire’s extensive labour hire database includes some of Melbourne’s best EWP operators. We can supply EWP (elevating work platform) operators to your site within 24 hours anywhere in Melbourne, from the CBD to the outer suburbs.
ELEVATED WORK PLATFORM HIRE MELBOURNE
Fast Labour Hire is one of the most successful labour hire agencies in Melbourne.
We have been in the labour hire sector long enough to ensure that the best EWP operator available is selected for your project by matching their skills and experience to the industry and the nature of the work required.
All our EWP operators have mandatory knowledge about:
- the types, uses and limitations of the equipment and tools they will be using on site
- the relevant Acts, regulations and codes of practice
- the processes they need to calculate load mass requirements
- the storage of materials, including environmentally friendly waste
- producing documentation such as material safety data sheets
- safe work method statements and job safety analysis
- workplace and equipment safety requirements.
We supply EWP operators with the following skills:
- Clear communication that identifies and confirms the requirements for the job, that shows the ability and willingness to follow instructions and share information
- Comprehension of documents, drawings and specifications
- Reporting of faults in equipment, tools or materials
- Non-verbal language (for example, hand signals) and language appropriate to people of different cultures
- Organisational skills
- Focus on teamwork
We also only supply EWP operators with a current Yellow Card. A Yellow Card is compulsory for all EWP operators working in Australia. The Yellow Card is evidence that EPW operators of specific types of elevating work platforms have been undertaken in the safe use of that specific elevating work platform.
Once training has been completed, the labour agency, employer and EPW operators have documented evidence of the completed training. The Yellow Card is basically an EWP Operator Ticket that demonstrates proof of training and completion in one or more modules in the various types of EWPs.
TYPES OF EQUIPMENT FAST LABOUR HIRE EWP OPERATORS CAN USE
EWP operators are trained to work on:
- scissor lifts
- self-propelled boom lifts
- vertical lifts.
When scissor lifts are used improperly, there is the potential to cause a serious hazard such as falling from a height, crushing when raising or moving the scissor lift, electrocution from overhead powerlines and the scissor lift tipping over or collapsing.
Boom lifts are needed when access to the job is difficult to reach safely or out of reach. Training qualifies an EWP operator to work all boom lifts, including 4WD diesel and electric slab booms, to a height of no taller than 11 metres.
The vertical lift (sometimes referred to as a man-lift) operates in much the same way as a scissor lift but they are smaller and lighter, and therefore used mainly indoors. Vertical lifts, including mast and push-around models, are perfect for multi-storey warehousing and factories as they can safely fit in most passenger elevators, are highly manoeuvrable and can be operated with no height restrictions.
Fast Labour Hire supplies EWP operators who:
- can complete works above or below the 11-metre mark
- adhere to all operating and safety requirements
- do regular operational checks
- correct set-up, operating and shut-down procedures
- emergency procedures
- be compliant with WH&S licensing legislation
- know emergency procedures and how to use safety equipment (for example, lanyard and anchor points, energy absorbers and safety harnesses,)
- do risk assessment and have hazard control strategies
- know how to estimate loads so the EWP is not overloaded
- plan work and conduct routine checks.
Go no further if you quickly need to find experienced EWP operators. Contact Fast Labour Hire today!